Immediately after hiring
Results-oriented and creative MARKETING WRITER associate to become an active, contributing member of the marketing team.
This position will be responsible for managing and producing written material, marketing materials and campaigns to support three programs within the company's portfolio, handling everything from developing website content to writing press releases to distributing information via social media to managing elements of online marketing.
Description of duties:
• Responsible for content/copy production, idea generation, contributing to and executing media strategies
• Writing and distribution of: website content, press releases, news stories (mostly editing), blog postings, advertorials, email blasts, third-party site content, direct mailers, plus supporting marketing collateral for trade shows, PowerPoint presentations, business events, etc.
Conceptualizing and writing promotional e-mails and related website content, including banners and landing pages.
• Editing and proofing existing marketing communications across all channels for grammar, accuracy, effectiveness, and style.
• Social media postings and blog comment responses
• Posting press releases and news information to PRWeb
• Research regional media outlets, new regional marketing opportunities for promoting CT and Business Development seminars
• Manage SEM campaigns in Yahoo and Bing
• Interact with program staff to strategize and coordinate marketing activities
Experience and skills required:
• Minimum of 2 years in a creative marketing or editorial position, with a strong demonstrated background in digital media
• Exceptional writing abilities
• Demonstrated experience with original content development for websites and/or news
• Demonstrated experience with email and direct marketing
• Demonstrated experience with social media
• Knowledge of public relations databases and distribution methods
• Superior organizational, project management, problem-solving and interpersonal skills