Immediately after hiring
E-commerce website integrated with some sort of inventory tracking and sales software on the backend.
*Mobile user friendliness would be a positive feature.
The timeline is open - prefer completion before June.
I would like to see samples of e-commerce websites you have done.
For reference, I have looked at Wordpress E-commerce sites and I like the ‘Freshshop’ with some design changes (mainly color) and preferably with Woocommerce plugin (instead of jigoshop) - http://themeforest.net/item/freshshop-a-wordpress-ecommerce-theme/full_screen_preview/761146
* According to the designer of Freshshop, it will work with other e-commerce plugins - there may just be some minor adapting required.
* An option for sales and inventory tracking on the backend that works with Woocommerce is Quickbooks
***I am not set on WP E-commerce/Woocommerce and if you have other suggestions/solutions that will work better for what I want, please offer them.
Shopify has some nice looking theme options, although I don’t like the locked source or monthly payments – I would like to be able to make changes as the business eventually grows. For reference, here are Shopify sites I liked the look of (simple interface – obviously would want to add more color to it):
DESIGN AND SITE FEATURES:
Simple clean (white) interface with color outlines that are ‘baby’ oriented (see reference sites below).
*We have little logos for ‘boys’, ‘girls’ and ‘accessories’ that we would want integrated into the menu bar.
Standard payment options are to be Paypal and credit cards (the standards). Will likely use Payfirma as the payment gateway - http://www.payfirma.com/products/ecommerce/
There will be a warehouse with inventory. We will ship to USA and Canada and down the line, may possibly have a warehouse in each country, so the software will need to be integrated for multiple warehouse locations. Here is the basic process:
* Orders would be placed on website or through backend POS software. Both should be integrated.
* Once order is placed, warehouse receives notice to prepare product, print shipping label and paperwork, then ship out. Inventory is updated automatically.
* Order should have automatic integration with shipping (USPS, Canada Post, Fedex)
* Tracking number email automatically sent to customer along with payment receipt**
* **Inventory tracking to have automatic replenishing updates based on stock levels, so we can keep on top of product
* Backend software to have Purchase Order ability to be able to send to our suppliers.
Products to have dropdown options for colors, sizes and other features - perhaps the product image can change in accordance with the option chosen. In some cases, possibly a dropdown option for varying quantity packages of the same product (1, 3 pack) with changing prices based on what they choose.
SALE PRICES, DISCOUNTS, CUSTOMER LOGINS, VIP STATUS:
I may want to be able to offer discounts/sale prices and bulk order discounts based on quantities as well as a login for VIP and wholesale/dealers that would offer a pricing discount based on the login details.
This is an example of something that might work on a WP E-commerce site:
PLUGINS FOR REFERENCE:
Other Woocommerce plugin options that might be helpful for the website (based on above requirements):
Facebook page with woocommerce plugin (or similar) would be a great start.
Possible integration with Twitter – we may look to offer twitter/facebook subscribers special once a week discounts or some special offers.
SITES WE LIKE FOR REFERENCE:
An E-commerce website with some sort of backend inventory management (if not an existing integrate-able software like Quickbooks, etc)