SwarmJam is a project of CityXpress Ltd, an internet software development firm. SwarmJam connects advertisers with consumers to offer daily deals – popular products at significant discounts. SwarmJam is live in Vancouver, Canada.
Marketing, Website, Daily Deal, Internet, Web 2.0, Web, Discount
Our websites new skin will need a maximum of 10 pages designed. When you view our site you will notice that approximately 5 of these are simple text pages. Once
SwarmJam is targeted at online consumers in selected Canadian Cities.
Our websites new skin will need a maximum of 10 pages designed. When you view our site you will notice that approximately 5 of these are simple text pages. Once we have chosen a winner they must have all their designs with multiple edits submitted and completed within a week. We are on a sharp deadline to have this website completed and will work with the wining designer to make the project wrap up quick.
SwarmJam is a new concept in group purchasing utilizing social networking. Tying “Swarm” and “Jam” together creates an image of a large dynamic group.
**The Mascot (Bee)**
• The mascot is a happy, eager and excited bee.
• His hand is raised in attention, ready to spread the word and share great deals and promotions with his hive.
• His tail is buzzing with movement and action.
• The brand is energetic, playful and urgent.
Get in on the local buzz...
This tagline talks to two important concepts:
• local – deals are local. Customers see great offerings in their own area. “Local deals” are crucial to the effectiveness and success of the program.
• buzz – it’s all about spreading the word and group numbers. The more that get in on it, the better for everyone (customers and merchants).
The overall theme drives from the bee – working in numbers, buzzing with relentless energy and producing!
Themes are driven from bee language:
• “Swarm” – the act of getting together as a group.
• “Join the Swarm” – a call to join the group and get the best pricing.
• “Creating a buzz for your business” – articulates the benefit a merchant receives.
• The main brand colours are driven from bee iconography: yellow, black and white. Bold and attention grabbing, fun!
• Dotted lines are graphical tools – they tie into the flight paths of bees buzzing around
In other words, we’re looking for a redesign that incorporates the above ideas, in a somewhat yellow-ish colour scheme, with a modern web 2.0 look. The pages we want designed are the Vancouver home page, showing the daily deal and related information and user account pages. We’ll apply the design to other pages within the site (since it’s a dynamic application, rather than a static website). Ultimately, we’ll want HTML and CSS from a designer.
Other sites to look at (competitors) are: http://www.groupon.com (http://www.groupon.com) http://www.wagjag.com (http://www.wagjag.com)
Images attached to this tourney include
• The bee
• An example newspaper print ad showing a yellow colour scheme
Get in on the local buzz...
What values should our web page communicate
Web Page design created by professional graphic designer Mark Raymond Faelmoca