Logged in For Life
  • Wish that were a button.....
    Create. Design. Inspire.
    Melissa aka Moonflower
  • duncanlockduncanlock
    HiretheWorld Staff
    The site should keep you logged in for quite a while - I can't remember how long off the top of my head - but it's weeks, maybe months, at least. It's cookie based, so if you clear you browser cache, change browser or computer, you'll be asked to login again.

Are you getting logged out frequently?
    Duncan Lock | Senior Developer | HiretheWorld
  • Not every time... I can't say how long but the thought came to me yesterday when I had to relog on....no biggy...just being lazy..
    Create. Design. Inspire.
    Melissa aka Moonflower
  • samsonsamson
    HiretheWorld Staff
    I just checked, and the cookie we use to check that you're logged in is cleared after 24 hours, but ONLY if you're not connected to our site. This means that if you're currently logged in (e.g. to your dashboard), you will not be logged out until 24 hours after your browser is disconnected from our site (e.g. if you turn your computer off).

Thanks for the suggestion though; I'll talk with @duncanlock, and we'll consider extending the 24 hours to some longer time.
    Post edited by samson at 2011-12-12 12:06:09
  • Awesome!
    Create. Design. Inspire.
    Melissa aka Moonflower
  • duncanlockduncanlock
    HiretheWorld Staff
    Hmmmm. Turns out it wasn't as long as I thought. How about we extend it to two weeks?
    Duncan Lock | Senior Developer | HiretheWorld
  • Sounds good!
    Create. Design. Inspire.
    Melissa aka Moonflower
  • samsonsamson
    HiretheWorld Staff
    We've just changed the cookie that we use to check if you're logged in to expire after 2 weeks. This means that as long as you stay on the same machine, and your internet service provider doesn't give you a new ip address, we should remember that you're logged in for up to two weeks after you last connect to our servers.
    Post edited by samson at 2011-12-13 10:34:47
    Thanked by 1duncanlock

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!