What is a Design Contest?
Design Contests are an affordable way for businesses to engage dozens of professional designers simultaneously to work on a design concept. On average, contests receive 113+ entries from designers all over the world (over 130 countries) so clients always get an amazing result and tons of selection. Whether you need a logo, website, book cover or anything else that needs to look good, we're the smart choice for design.Learn More
We'll let you know when a new article comes out so you don't miss a thing!
Category Archives: Business
Patent trolls aren’t imaginary monsters that live under a bridge (although they share some revolting characteristics). They’re worse … and they’re real.
A patent troll is a company or individual who owns or purchases a patent to charge other companies for infringing on their patent, making profit through settlements. Where patents were originally designed to prevent theft of intellectual property, it seems they’ve become a money-making weapon.
The worst part? It could be your money.
So, what harm does “trolling” really cause, and how can companies fight back?Continue Reading
Salesforce seems to be the overwhelming leader when it comes to CRM (Customer Relationship Management), but there is an underdog that I think has carved out a nice little niche away from the big cloud-based CRM systems… I’m talking about Zoho CRM. Salesforce comes across to me as the sexy, we-can-do-it-all, the world is your oyster, come hang out with the “cool kids” CRM provider; but hanging out with the cool kids comes with a premium price tag too and we (still) aren’t ready to pay it. Based on my experiences with Zoho CRM at HiretheWorld, here are 3 great reasons why I think every lean startup should start with Zoho CRM before transitioning to someone like Salesforce.com:Continue Reading
Any good realtor will be acutely aware of how important their image is. Most realtors will have the ability to make a great first impression with their face-to-face interactions. Increasingly however, that first chance lies in your online image.
- Buyers are twice as more likely to go online first, as opposed to finding an agent first when looking for a home (36% online vs. 19% agent).
- 89% of homebuyers used the Internet as an information source.
- 41% of buyers first found their home on the Internet.
Today’s realtors are faced with the issue of creating an online presence that will engage and stand out amongst the masses. While website templates and homemade sales and marketing materials are cheap alternatives, they can’t convey the type of professionalism that will inspire confidence in clients. Utilizing an agency or in-house designer can be costly as there are high mark-ups due to overhead and fringe benefits. As a result, more realtors are hiring online professionals to get better results at more affordable prices.
The following are 3 ways realtors are sucessfully using online professionals to manage their image, and the key components of each: Continue Reading
Here at HiretheWorld we have always been obsessed with lists. In an age of information overload, we have to filter out the best. Now to be the best, you should take advice from the best.
Here are the all-time top 280 books on entrepreneurship below:
- The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur by Mike Micalowicz
- ReWork by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
- Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey
- The Facebook Effect: The Inside Story of the Company That Is Connecting the World by David Kirkpatrick
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the Worldby Chris Guillebeau
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries & Jack Trout
- Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got by Jay Abraham
- The Parable of the Pipeline: How Anyone Can Build a Pipeline of Ongoing Residual Income in the New Economy by Burke Hedges
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of the Learning Organization by Peter M. Senge
- Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie
- Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality by Scott Belsky
- The Simplicity Survival Handbook by Bill Jensen
- The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle by Steven Pressfield
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi Continue Reading